Friday, August 23, 2013

Foreign Language E-books

You may not know this about me, but I grew up overseas.  I moved to Mexico City when I was 10, and then to Caracas, Venezuela when I was 12.  I graduated from high school in Caracas and then returned to the US for college.  In college I majored in Spanish and I still miss taking half of my classes in Spanish.

Within the last year I have stopped by the Kindle book page at Amazon trying to find an easy way to find books in Spanish.  And not just the latest Dan Brown thriller translated to Spanish.  I wanted literature, contemporary stuff written by Latin American authors.  The selection was small and tricky to find.  There was no easy way to search all books in Spanish.

That has changed!  Amazon now has a page for foreign language e-books!  I was ecstatic to see all of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's books, the newest Isabel Allende among others.  I went ahead and bought a title that was on sale for $1.99.

You can select your language and see all of the titles available, most of which are texts written and published in that language.

The next question is, does the Nashville Public Library have e-books available to borrow in Spanish?

No comments:

Post a Comment