Friday, February 15, 2013

Updates to Kindle app for iOS

I follow A Kindle World Blog, and they posted today that there are new updates to the Kindle for iOS app. Read the post from Amazon here.

Here is the summary:

Kindle for iOS 3.6 is now available in the Apple App Store. New features include:
* Multicolor Highlights - Four color choices make it easier to distinguish important passages. * Book End Actions - Just finish your book? Share the accomplishment with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Rate and write your own review.* Brightness Control - the brightness setting will now be saved across device sleeps.

I am excited about multicolor highlights.  Everyone on forum seems to love the brightness settings.  Okay, whatevs.  Book end actions are also cool, and could be a great teaching tool.  Students can color code their notes.  Just imagine: Blue=symbolism, Yellow=poetic device, Pink=connection, etc.

I took some screen shots of what it looks like on the iPhone.
A page of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, with some previous highlights at the top and bottom.  Yellow was the only available color previously.
I highlighted a passage and then tapped the highlight and the little menu popped up.
Pink highlight!



But, what about Kindle for PC app?  Is it going to get the multi-colored highlights?  When can I label my notes and be able to search or group my notes?  I checked it out and here is what I saw:





No pink highlight!  Maybe there is an update coming?  I will investigate and get back to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment