Friday, January 18, 2013

Summer workshop on using Kindles in the classroom

I was asked by the head of our school to teach a Kindle workshop for the Center for Innovative Educators, an annual summer program for teachers.  I am really excited about this!  The workshops are open, and we get teachers from across TN and beyond.

I am in the process of picking a date for my one day workshop that will cover Kindle basics, using the Kindle as a teacher, how best to use Kindles with students, social media and managing Kindles through Whispercast.

The recommendation is to pick a date on a Monday or Friday to ease any possible travel, and the first week in June was suggested.  I wasn't sure if I have any readers who have suggestions, questions, or think they might want to attend and have any input on dates.

Even if you can't come, if you were to attend a Kindles in the classroom workshop, what would you want to learn?  What would you want to walk away with at the end?

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I'm interested in learning a couple things: (1) how to use Kindles with literature circles (to encourage students to highlight and annotate and talk about the text), (2) how to build a Kindle + Twitter experience in the classroom. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! These are exactly the areas I am excited to talk about! Any way we can get you out to Nashville?

    ReplyDelete