Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kindle in the classroom from a student's perspective

I sat down with Ellie last week, who has used her Kindle in my 9th grade English class since the beginning of the year.  As my Kindle pioneer, I wanted to get her perspective on the benefits of using a Kindle to study literature.  (If you want to read about how she used her Kindle to find the frequency of particular words in The Secret Life of Bees in class, follow this link)


Ellie gave me a great insider's view into how useful a Kindle can be for a student.  I appreciated how she talked about using her list of notes and highlights from the app on her laptop as talking points for class discussion. 

1 comment:

  1. Great video! There are so few videos out there with real students and their views about using Kindles in the classroom. Ellie is thoughtful and articulate and offered solid examples about how the Kindle can benefit learning. I especially liked the part about the Kindle for PC app, where Ellie's notes are easily viewable for classroom discussion. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete