Thursday, July 12, 2012

Joanne Harris tweeted me!

This is what I am talking about people.  You highlight, you blog about it, you tweet it, and the author tweets back!

I have been reading the books on my sophomore summer reading list (which I have included at the end of this post, in case you are interested.)  I just finished Chocolat by Joanne Harris.  I adored it.  The sophomores have to blog about their summer reading, so I joined in and wrote my own post about Chocolat.  I tweeted it and tagged the author.  She tweeted back!



I feel all a-flutter!  I really loved her book, and it is so cool that she read my post!  I am going to start tagging all of the authors of my Kindle highlights!  Amazing how social media can connect us all.



English II Choice Lists


Choice List A
Choose 1
Choice List B
Choose 1
An Ordinary Man*
by Paul Rusesabagina

Persepolis I: The Story of a Childhood and Persepolis II: The Story of a Return
by Marjane Satrapi

Sarah’s Key
by Tatiana de Rosnay

Dispatches from the Edge
by Anderson Cooper
Chocolat
by Joanne Harris

The #1 Ladies’ Detective Agency
by Alexander McCall Smith

Memoirs of a Geisha*
by Arthur Golden

Maus: My Father Bleeds History
and Maus: And Here My Troubles Begin
By Art Spiegelman

The Namesake
by Jhumpa Lahiri

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress*
by Dai Sijie
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan*
by Lisa See

The Camel Bookmobile
by Masha Hamilton

Sister of My Heart
by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Pomegranate Soup
by Marsha Mehran

Things Fall Apart
by Chinua Achebe


Between Shades of Gray
by Ruta  Sepetys




*Indicates adult subject matter or language.

While students only need to read one book from each list,
students are encouraged to read further from these lists.  These works
provide an excellent introduction to the study of Literature of the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment